Invitation to Organize a Symposium within icOPEN2015
The themes for the conference include but not limited to:
- Biomedical Optical Engineering
- Computational Optical Engineering
- Nanoscale Optical Engineering
- Fiber Optics and Applications
- EUV and X-RAY Sources and Metrology
- Ultra-fast Lasers and Applications
- Optical Design and Fabrication
- Optical Metrology
- Freeform Optics
- Diffractive Optics
- Remote Sensing / Space Optics
- 3D Imaging, Metrology and Display
Symposium Chair's Responsibilities:
- Complete autonomy to develop and plan the symposium including sessions and session chair identification.
- You can invite overseas or local members to be on your committee if you wish.
- You need to get a minimum of 30 papers in the topic of your symposium.
- You need to recommend 1 plenary speaker (Conference will waive registration for him/her). Plenary talk session is 45 mins.
- You can have invited speakers which are typically 30 mins but there is no financial support for invited speakers.
- General papers are between 15-20 mins and posters are welcomed.
Support for Symposium Chair:
- The abstracts and full papers will be submitted through SPIE website (once confirmed).
- Promotion of your symposium to extensive mailing list.
- Secretariat will assist in providing logistics support, hotel room reservation and other on-site matters. They will also put together a programme book.
- Your registration fee is waived.
Contact email@example.com with your proposed topic by 15 November 2014.